Rich Holly's Percussion Place

Assorted ramblings and occasional updates in the world of percussion.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Here at PASIC 2007!

I had intended on writing at least a little something before leaving to come to PASIC, but clearly I've had a crazy few weeks. I'm in Columbus at PASIC and it's fantastic! We have tremendous attendance, the largest amount of exhibit space ever, and one great clinic and concert after another.

Today I was able to see and thrill to my NIU colleagues, Robert Chappell and Liam Teague, and their group Panoramic. They played beautifully and I am blessed to be able to work alongside such awesome musicians and people. Tonight's concert featured the truly fine player Emmanuel Sejourne in the first half, followed by the astonishing Korean group Chang Ang. You have to see this group to believe it. There are several clips of the group on YouTube, here is one of them.

I'll write again next week when I've returned home, but if you're not here at PASIC you are truly missing out - plan on attending in 2008!