Rich Holly's Percussion Place

Assorted ramblings and occasional updates in the world of percussion.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

TWO JOBS!

Well, in a period of what must surely be madness, I've agreed to serve in two positions here at Northern Illinois University for the next 6 months. Our Director of the School of Art has resigned to take a position at another school, so I've agreed to serve as the Acting Director of the School of Art until December 31, and I'll be keeping my position as Associate Dean of the College of Visual and Performing Arts as well. Thankfully, we have great staffs in both offices, and I know I'll be relying a great deal on all of them. The only real drawback is that I won't be able to do any teaching this fall, and who the heck knows when I'm ever going to find time to practice other than on my steering wheel while I'm driving! I'm actually looking forward to it, I enjoy new challenges and learning more about how the university works. Wish me luck!