Rich Holly's Percussion Place

Assorted ramblings and occasional updates in the world of percussion.

Monday, November 03, 2008

OFF TO PASIC!





I leave bright and early tomorrow morning for Austin, Texas, site of this year's PASIC, the Percussive Arts Society International Convention. Tuesday afternoon is the PAS Golf Outing, which I'm greatly looking forward to, and Wednesday 9:00 starts 4 days of what seems like non-stop concerts, clinics, labs, competitions, exhibits, and seeing many, many colleagues from around the world. I'll be making one of the award presentations at Friday night's banquet, and I'll be providing the opening remarks for Friday night's concert, a tribute to the wonderful John Bergamo. I have several Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings throughout the 4 days, but I expect to get to several great concerts and clinics, too.

If you're going to PASIC and see me (there'll be 7000+ of us there), stop me to say "hi." If you can't make it this year, start making plans for PASIC 2009 in Indianapolis.