Rich Holly's Percussion Place

Assorted ramblings and occasional updates in the world of percussion.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

NEW POSITION AT NIU

It's been quite some time since I last posted, but it's not because of lack of activity. I'm happy to announce that as of July 1, 2008 I will be the Acting Dean of the College of Visual and Performing Arts at Northern Illinois University. As most of you know, I've been the Associate Dean for about 8 years now. The two positions are quite different - the Associate Dean job is primarily working with students and curriculum, while the Dean's job is budget, personnel, strategic planning and fund raising.

I'm looking forward to this opportunity greatly. Over the past couple of months I've been more steadily becoming familiar with the Dean side of things in our office, and it's been great. I've cut back on accepting gigs for now so I can keep up with the learning curve, although thankfully I've still had time to practice some!